- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
OK, Who Wants To Buy Ty Cobb’s Lake Tahoe Fishing Retreat For $6.5 Million?
At one time this place was really rustic: when Cobb’s family came to visit, they slept in tents on the property. That’s the way Tahoe was in the 1940s-50s: in the winter, for example, they closed the roads and only locals lived there. Now it’s a year-round resort community, with five hotel-casinos and a new convention center under construction. Current Tahoe residents you may have heard of: Leonard Nimoy, Robin Williams and Annika Sorenstam.
No surprise that Cobb made his family sleep in tents, by the way.
Anyway, Cobb’s retreat was rebuilt/remodeled by his family in 1983, which was 23 years after Cobb’s death. It’s spectacular — the property right on the lake in Zephyr Cove, NV. And if you know anything about Lake Tahoe real estate, $6.5 million could actually be considered a bargain.
Not familiar with the Lake Tahoe region? You’ve never seen “Bonanza”?
Plus, if you buy it, you’d be my neighbor! Kind of. I live about 6 miles from this place.
About the slideshow below: I’m assuming that Cobb never played Foosball … most of the stuff undoubtedly came in during the remodel. But wouldn’t it be a great mind’s-eye picture of he did?
Hoss Cartwright, on the other hand, was a Foosball addict. He played against Hop Sing day and night.
Let’s take the tour:
- Filed Under:
- Ty Cobb
- This Sexy Soccer Star Shows It Off In SI Swimsuit Issue
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.