- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Pablo Sandoval (Sort Of) Promises Home Run For Fan’s Son, Delivers
It’s not exactly Babe Ruth visiting the hospital and promising a home run for a sick kid — just call it a 2014 version of that, and add birthday cake.
— San Francisco Giants (@SFGiants) July 2, 2014
The Giants are in the midst of a horrendous losing skid — they’re 5-15 since June 9 — and closer Sergio Romo has lost his job. So what huge cajones on this woman, who, considering all that, would write to Panda on Facebook requesting a home run for her son?
Oh, and as you’re rounding the bases, could you buy a dozen of the candy bars he’s selling, and convince your teammates to do the same?
No… don’t deliver the candy to Pablo during the game! …
Anyway, it worked out for the best. Sandoval hit his 100th career homer, and the Giants got a much-needed victory to stay in first in the NL West, 5-0 over the Cardinals.
Ay Yi Yi! Si Si Si!
- Filed Under:
- Pablo Sandoval
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Tom Brady Admits Weird Relationship Behavior