- Rams Distinguish Themselves With Teammate-On-Teammate Violence
- This Just In: Andy Dalton and Victor Cruz Are Tied In Touchdown Receptions
- Is MSU's Connor Cook College Football's Most Underrated Quarterback?
- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
POSITION PLAYER PITCHING ALERT! Adam Dunn Pitches The Ninth Inning For Chicago
The White Sox are so bad that they used a position player to pitch on Tuesday. Down 15-0 to the lowly Rangers in the ninth inning, manager Robin Ventura summoned Adam Dunn. Yes, Adam Dunn. He became the first position player to appear in a game for the White Sox since Leury Garcia in mid-April.
His velocity only topped out at 83 mph, but you know what? Statistically speaking, he wasn’t all that terrible. The hefty righty allowed a run-scoring single to Adam Rosales for his only damage of the inning. His final line: 1 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 0 K.
Check out the movement on this pitch to Adrian Beltre:
If you think that’s whacky, Victor Martinez stole a base in that same game. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
— MLB GIFS (@MLBGIFs) August 6, 2014
Meanwhile, Adam Dunn becomes the 24th pitcher used by the White Sox this year. Nothing against Rich Hill, but I’d rather watch Dunn.
— Danny Knobler (@DannyKnobler) August 6, 2014
— SportsPickle (@sportspickle) August 6, 2014
Wondered if Dunn was the weirdest position player-pitcher ever but Dave Kingman pitched TWO INNINGS TWICE in 1973: http://t.co/EG4Ez16lTb
— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) August 6, 2014
Adam Dunn has now given up more runs (one) this month than he's driven in or scored (none). #anotherclassicAdamDunnstat
— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) August 6, 2014
Most career HR of anyone to pitch in MLB: 714 Babe Ruth 534 Jimmie Foxx 521 Ted Williams 475 Stan Musial 462 Jose Canseco 457 Adam Dunn
— Christopher Kamka (@ckamka) August 6, 2014
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts