- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- Merry Christmas From The Lovely Ladies Of The NHL, NBA, And NFL
- The SportsGrid 'Off The Grid' Podcast: Christmas Spectacular
- You've Got To Watch This Post-Game Rant For The Ages By SIU Coach Barry Hinson
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Prince Fielder Stole A Fan’s Nacho
In today’s game between the Tigers and Mariners, Prince Fielder tried to field a pop-up in foul territory but was unable to leg it out in time. He found himself by the seats along the first base line and was confronted with a big plate of nachos being held by a fan.
You can’t put a big plate of nachos in front of a big guy like Prince Fielder — especially after he expended probably 6,000 calories running after a ball — and expect him not to do something about it.
So he helped himself to a chip.
It’s pretty much everything good about America and baseball in one clip. Video via @kevinfillmore:
That’s home-field advantage for you.
UPDATE: Apparently Fielder isn’t the first first baseman to do this, as Don Mattingly attempted the “eat fans’ food” play 21-years ago on September 16th, 1992, with some kid’s popcorn.
[h/t Marly, Sean G]
- The Pride Of San Francisco: The 49ers
- 5 Potential NFL Teams For Bill O'Brien
- Greatest Scorers in NBA History
- Fantasy Football Week 16 Waiver Wire