- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Holy Crap, Raul Ibanez Hit Another Dramatic Game-Tying Homer
Nice little run for Raul Ibanez. He hits the game-tying and game-winning homers in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Orioles, singled in the Yankees’ first run in Game 5… and then, in Game 1 of the ALCS Saturday night, hit another game-tying ninth inning home run, this time off Tigers reliever Jose Valverde. It capped a stunning comeback by the Yankees, who trailed 4-0 entering the ninth. Here’s Ibanez’s blast:
He’s hit balls better in his life, but he got that one well enough – and the way things are going for him lately, if he gets his bat on the ball at all, something good’s going to happen for him. As I watched it happen in real time, this was all I could think. It still is. What’s gotten into this guy? (Note: he also came up in the bottom of the 11th, but popped out. Never mind: this guy sucks! [Nah, not really.])
UPDATE: Turns out the Yanks really would have needed Ibanez to come through in the 11th, becuse they wound up losing 6-4 in 12. Still an incredible moment for Ibanez in the ninth, though.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles