- Stuck On You: Carson Palmer And Khalil Mack Ask You Please Not To Laugh At This
- Colt McCoy's First Pass Attempt Was A 70-Yard TD, So Here Are Some Photos Of His Wife
- Do The Patriots Need To Hire A General Manager?
- NBA 2K15 Review: Much More Than Just Those Hideous Create-A-Player Faces
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Holy Crap, Raul Ibanez Hit Another Dramatic Game-Tying Homer
Nice little run for Raul Ibanez. He hits the game-tying and game-winning homers in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Orioles, singled in the Yankees’ first run in Game 5… and then, in Game 1 of the ALCS Saturday night, hit another game-tying ninth inning home run, this time off Tigers reliever Jose Valverde. It capped a stunning comeback by the Yankees, who trailed 4-0 entering the ninth. Here’s Ibanez’s blast:
He’s hit balls better in his life, but he got that one well enough – and the way things are going for him lately, if he gets his bat on the ball at all, something good’s going to happen for him. As I watched it happen in real time, this was all I could think. It still is. What’s gotten into this guy? (Note: he also came up in the bottom of the 11th, but popped out. Never mind: this guy sucks! [Nah, not really.])
UPDATE: Turns out the Yanks really would have needed Ibanez to come through in the 11th, becuse they wound up losing 6-4 in 12. Still an incredible moment for Ibanez in the ninth, though.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'