- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Recently Acquired Mets Prospect Noah Syndegaard Already In Kind Of Hot New York Water For Homophobic Tweet
The media spotlight burns brighter in New York, and new Mets pitching prospect Noah Syndegaard will come to learn that. For now, he just had to answer to the Gotham media for a tweet that contained some derogatory language. Certainly something a man of R.A. Dickey’s class and stature would never have done.
In a tweet that was since deleted, Syndergaard said to his friend Dayton, “@DMarze89 nice crocs f-g lol.” While Crocs are pretty much the worst footwear around, that’s probably not what I would call someone who wears them. And it’s certainly not something I’d want to say on the precipice of being examined under a New York-sized microscope. Adam Rubin, who covers the Mets for ESPN.com, acknowledged that Syndergaard kicked off a conference call with the new acquisitions talking about the issue, rather than, you know, baseball.
Noah Syndergaard began the conference call expressing remorse for a derogatory word for a homosexual he used on Twitter a month ago.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 18, 2012
As for that apology:
“I had a little mishap on Twitter about a month ago, and it was just brought to the attention this morning,” he said. “I’d just like to apologize for anything that was said. A buddy and I were having a little conversation. I had a poor attempt at humor and an even worse attempt at using a term I shouldn’t have used. I hope I didn’t offend anybody. I’m really sorry my first introduction to being a New York Met had to be like this.”
Syndergaard wasn’t supposed to be the focal point of today’s conference call — that would be catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud, but I guess that’s what happens when you do things like call someone a f– for wearing Crocs.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ