- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Recently Acquired Mets Prospect Noah Syndegaard Already In Kind Of Hot New York Water For Homophobic Tweet
The media spotlight burns brighter in New York, and new Mets pitching prospect Noah Syndegaard will come to learn that. For now, he just had to answer to the Gotham media for a tweet that contained some derogatory language. Certainly something a man of R.A. Dickey’s class and stature would never have done.
In a tweet that was since deleted, Syndergaard said to his friend Dayton, “@DMarze89 nice crocs f-g lol.” While Crocs are pretty much the worst footwear around, that’s probably not what I would call someone who wears them. And it’s certainly not something I’d want to say on the precipice of being examined under a New York-sized microscope. Adam Rubin, who covers the Mets for ESPN.com, acknowledged that Syndergaard kicked off a conference call with the new acquisitions talking about the issue, rather than, you know, baseball.
Noah Syndergaard began the conference call expressing remorse for a derogatory word for a homosexual he used on Twitter a month ago.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 18, 2012
As for that apology:
“I had a little mishap on Twitter about a month ago, and it was just brought to the attention this morning,” he said. “I’d just like to apologize for anything that was said. A buddy and I were having a little conversation. I had a poor attempt at humor and an even worse attempt at using a term I shouldn’t have used. I hope I didn’t offend anybody. I’m really sorry my first introduction to being a New York Met had to be like this.”
Syndergaard wasn’t supposed to be the focal point of today’s conference call — that would be catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud, but I guess that’s what happens when you do things like call someone a f– for wearing Crocs.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen