- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Today In Idiot Gun Owners: Red Sox Prospect Brentz Shoots Self In Leg Cleaning His Gun
Idiotic gun owners aren’t just backwoods rednecks hoarding guns in a rundown shack, basically counting down the days until the meet their end by their own booby-trap. No, they also extend to professional athletes. Enter Boston Red Sox outfielder Bryce Brentz, who shot himself in the leg while cleaning his gun.
Now 24, Brentz was expected to join the Red Sox in spring training this year after three years in the minor leagues. Then Brentz shot himself in the leg while cleaning his gun. Per WEEI’s Alex Speier, the bullet went straight through his leg, coming out the other side. Brentz has called the injury “nothing serious,” but he will still be out until late March.
In 2011, Brentz hit .306 with 30 home runs and a .939 OPS in Single-A in 2011. He then hit .290 with 17 home runs and a .814 OPS between Double- and Triple-A in 2012. With his progress the last two years, the Red Sox had hoped he could compete for a job in the majors this season. Instead, they’ll have to wait and see how far back this bonehead injury will set him back.
- Filed Under:
- Boston Red Sox
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- This Sexy Soccer Star Shows It Off In SI Swimsuit Issue
- Manny Pacquiao's Workout Secrets Caught on Film
- Best I've Faced: Antonio Tarver Gets Real