- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Skip Bayless Out-Skip Baylesses Himself, Insinuates Derek Jeter Is Using PEDs
Skip Bayless said just about the most ridiculous thing on First Take Wednesday morning. And that’s by Skip Bayless standards. Now, Skip wasn’t accusing (god forbid he was being accusatory), but merely insinuating that Derek Jeter (that Derek Jeter, the one you’re thinking of) is using performance-enhancing drugs. Because if Victor Conte says PED use is rampant, it must be true!
Here are the words that actually came out of the mouth that’s attached to Skip Bayless’ brain:
“I am shocked by what I’m seeing from Derek Jeter right now. They all said he was washed up. All of a sudden, this man has turned 38 years of age in June and already he has more hits than he had last year. … I’m seeing a whole new guy this year from last year … Are you kidding me? You would have to have your head in the sand or your head somewhere else not to at least wonder, ‘How is he doing this?’”
“I am not saying he uses a thing,” Bayless said. “I have no idea. But within the confines of his sport, it is fair for all of us, in fact you are remiss, if you don’t at least think about this.”
And here’s the rest of the clip. The juicy stuff starts right at the top.
Skiiiiiip. You’re trying to say that you’d be a fool not to consider Derek Jeter is using PEDs? Now, I don’t want to say with 100 percent, unequivocal clarity that any given player isn’t juicing. Today, you just never know. But Derek Jeter is about as close as you can get to “Squeaky Clean” on the steroid meter.
I can’t say what hasn’t been said already about Jeter being a stand-up guy, a role model, a player who, for playing in the biggest media market in the country, has made the spotlight only in the right ways. But he is all those things and it is just beyond all reason to think that Jeter is possibly using PEDs. He could assure you better than I could — read his succinct response to Skip:
“What do you want me to say?” he said. “Maybe Skip should be tested. I don’t know him…”
Maybe Skip should get tested, but it would probably come out negative. Just like the rest of his attitude.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts