- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Carolina Panthers Season Preview
- Calvin Johnson Won't Be This Year's Top Receiver And 9 Other Bold Fantasy Predictions
- Josh Shaw May Have Made Up That Heroism Story: USC Investigating
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The Daily Yam: Jay Bruce Single-Handedly Saved The Reds With Both His Bat And His Glove
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Jay Bruce did serious work in right field to rob a home run, then went up to the plate and hit one far enough that no one could catch it. Genius!
Your Daily Yam.
The Pirates were already up 1-0 when Andrew McCutchen hit a shot to right field. Thankfully for the Reds, they have Jay Bruce, who went up and robbed the baseball gods of a homer. He repaid the debt, however, by crushing one himself in the bottom of the ninth. The game went into extras at 1-1, and the Reds went on to win in 13.
The Reds better buy Jay Bruce a beer.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Blackhawks took Game 4 from the Bruins after yet another overtime period; the Dodgers and Yankees split their double-header 6-4, 6-0.
What’s On Tap Today?
Oh, you know, just Game 7 of the NBA Finals at 9 p.m. ET. No biggie.
It’s Thursday. Enjoy it while it lasts.
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Bellator 121 Brings Cruel Reality Checks
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ