- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Daily Yam: Jay Bruce Single-Handedly Saved The Reds With Both His Bat And His Glove
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Jay Bruce did serious work in right field to rob a home run, then went up to the plate and hit one far enough that no one could catch it. Genius!
Your Daily Yam.
The Pirates were already up 1-0 when Andrew McCutchen hit a shot to right field. Thankfully for the Reds, they have Jay Bruce, who went up and robbed the baseball gods of a homer. He repaid the debt, however, by crushing one himself in the bottom of the ninth. The game went into extras at 1-1, and the Reds went on to win in 13.
The Reds better buy Jay Bruce a beer.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Blackhawks took Game 4 from the Bruins after yet another overtime period; the Dodgers and Yankees split their double-header 6-4, 6-0.
What’s On Tap Today?
Oh, you know, just Game 7 of the NBA Finals at 9 p.m. ET. No biggie.
It’s Thursday. Enjoy it while it lasts.
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- CBS Adds Tony Gonzalez As NFL Analyst, Drops Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe
- Kyrie Irving's 20 Best Crossovers
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed