- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Daily Yam: Jay Bruce Single-Handedly Saved The Reds With Both His Bat And His Glove
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Jay Bruce did serious work in right field to rob a home run, then went up to the plate and hit one far enough that no one could catch it. Genius!
Your Daily Yam.
The Pirates were already up 1-0 when Andrew McCutchen hit a shot to right field. Thankfully for the Reds, they have Jay Bruce, who went up and robbed the baseball gods of a homer. He repaid the debt, however, by crushing one himself in the bottom of the ninth. The game went into extras at 1-1, and the Reds went on to win in 13.
The Reds better buy Jay Bruce a beer.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Blackhawks took Game 4 from the Bruins after yet another overtime period; the Dodgers and Yankees split their double-header 6-4, 6-0.
What’s On Tap Today?
Oh, you know, just Game 7 of the NBA Finals at 9 p.m. ET. No biggie.
It’s Thursday. Enjoy it while it lasts.
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Roach Doesn't Want Pacquiao To Fight Provodnikov
- Yamanaka Vs. Guevara's Greatest Hits Caught On Film
- Cleverly To Continue Career At Cruiserweight