- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Daily Yam: Todd Frazier Goes Yard On Request From Bat Boy Teddy Kremer
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. With no basketball last night, our yam this morning is actually a slam, as the Reds’ Todd Frazier hit an adorable home run in the sixth inning last night.
Your Daily Yam
The Reds’ honorary bat boy last night was Teddy Kremer, who has Down syndrome and a wealth of enthusiasm for the team. He asked Frazier to hit a home run for him before the third baseman stepped to the plate in the sixth, the Reds already up on the Marlins 9-1. So Frazier did. Simple, right?
Well if that’s not the most adorable two run homer during a blowout in Cincinnati, I don’t know what is.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Braves got back to winning with a 6-4 victory against the Pirates; the Orioles walked off against the Rays for their 17th straight extra-innings win thanks to a Matt Wieters grand slam; one suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing was shot and killed — his brother, as of this writing, is still on the run.
What’s On Tap For Today?
Red Sox-Royals (in Boston) at 7:10 p.m. ET; Diamondbacks-Rockies at 8:40 p.m. ET. The Bruins may or may not play.
Enjoy your weekend everyone — Boston, stay safe.
Photo via @JFraz14
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story