- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Daily Yam: Todd Frazier Goes Yard On Request From Bat Boy Teddy Kremer
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. With no basketball last night, our yam this morning is actually a slam, as the Reds’ Todd Frazier hit an adorable home run in the sixth inning last night.
Your Daily Yam
The Reds’ honorary bat boy last night was Teddy Kremer, who has Down syndrome and a wealth of enthusiasm for the team. He asked Frazier to hit a home run for him before the third baseman stepped to the plate in the sixth, the Reds already up on the Marlins 9-1. So Frazier did. Simple, right?
Well if that’s not the most adorable two run homer during a blowout in Cincinnati, I don’t know what is.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Braves got back to winning with a 6-4 victory against the Pirates; the Orioles walked off against the Rays for their 17th straight extra-innings win thanks to a Matt Wieters grand slam; one suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing was shot and killed — his brother, as of this writing, is still on the run.
What’s On Tap For Today?
Red Sox-Royals (in Boston) at 7:10 p.m. ET; Diamondbacks-Rockies at 8:40 p.m. ET. The Bruins may or may not play.
Enjoy your weekend everyone — Boston, stay safe.
Photo via @JFraz14
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence