- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Joe Buck Hate Reached A Fever Pitch During Today’s Yankees/Red Sox Game (UPDATE)
UPDATE: SI’s Richard Deitsch tweeted the following earlier:
Talked to Fox Sports: Joe Buck has a virus. Battling through it. That’s why his voice sounds a little off today.
So…that should help explain things. As you were.
The original post is below.
Joe Buck’s broadcasting style is one of stoicism. Although he’s one of the most decorated and frequently-employed announcers in sports media, he sometimes is criticized for this stoicism by fans and writers alike.
Today was one of those times.
Boy, was it ever.
Buck sounded bored at times during today’s broadcast of the Red Sox vs. the Yankees, most notably when he was plugging MLB’s “Fan Cave” marketing campaign (understandable) or a Curtis Granderson home run (not as understandable).
It should be pointed out that he was in the midst of a battle with laryngitis. Still, this was not a sufficient excuse for the hordes of fans who took shots on Twitter. Here was my favorite:
And in case you wanted video evidence of Buck’s blasé demeanor today, here. Warning: for whatever reason, the video we pulled is distorted, and starts flashing wildly as Granderson rounds first. So if you’re prone to seizures, you may want to skip this one. Seriously. I blame Joe Buck for this.
- Manny Pacquiao Gives us Another Gem
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million