- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Joe Buck Hate Reached A Fever Pitch During Today’s Yankees/Red Sox Game (UPDATE)
UPDATE: SI’s Richard Deitsch tweeted the following earlier:
Talked to Fox Sports: Joe Buck has a virus. Battling through it. That’s why his voice sounds a little off today.
So…that should help explain things. As you were.
The original post is below.
Joe Buck’s broadcasting style is one of stoicism. Although he’s one of the most decorated and frequently-employed announcers in sports media, he sometimes is criticized for this stoicism by fans and writers alike.
Today was one of those times.
Boy, was it ever.
Buck sounded bored at times during today’s broadcast of the Red Sox vs. the Yankees, most notably when he was plugging MLB’s “Fan Cave” marketing campaign (understandable) or a Curtis Granderson home run (not as understandable).
It should be pointed out that he was in the midst of a battle with laryngitis. Still, this was not a sufficient excuse for the hordes of fans who took shots on Twitter. Here was my favorite:
And in case you wanted video evidence of Buck’s blasé demeanor today, here. Warning: for whatever reason, the video we pulled is distorted, and starts flashing wildly as Granderson rounds first. So if you’re prone to seizures, you may want to skip this one. Seriously. I blame Joe Buck for this.
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC