- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Mets Paid Tribute To MCA By Changing Their Intro Songs To Beastie Boys Tracks
As you may have heard, Adam “MCA” Yauch passed away yesterday at the age of 47. Along with Ad-Rock and Mike D, MCA was a founding member of seminal hip-hop group the Beastie Boys. Besides being music legends, the Brooklyn-based trio are also noted Mets’ fans — and their favorite team honored MCA during a game against the Diamondbacks.
To honor the man who helped put Brooklyn on the music map, each Met batter changed his at-bat entrance to a Beastie Boys song.
Here’s what each player had playing when they stepped to plate:
Ruben Tejada: “Intergalactic”
Daniel Murphy: “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”
David Wright: “Brass Monkey”
Lucas Duda: “The New Style”
Scott Hairston: “Root Down”
Ike Davis: “Fight For Your Right (To Party)”
Andres Torres: “So What’cha Want”
Josh Thole: “Make Some Noise”
Dillon Gee: “Body Movin’”
It should be noted that Wright has already used “Brass Monkey” as his intro song before, so +1000 style points to him. “Intergalactic” is also a good choice for getting pumped for an at-bat, as is “Fight For Your Right.” Really, there isn’t a bad choice in the bunch.
There’s video of a few players walking out to their song here. And though it would have been nice for the Mets to also get a win in honor of MCA (they lost to the D’Backs 5-4), Yauch was a Mets’ fan, after all — he knows how unlikely that would have been.
For more information on the life and death of Yauch, you can read an obituary in the Brooklyn Eagle here (full disclosure: I wrote it).
- Filed Under:
- New York Mets
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends