- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Minnesota Twins Put On The Most Successful Bobblehead Promotion We’ve Ever Seen
Well, this has got to be unprecedented: a completely absurd bobblehead promotion that actually worked.
Monday morning, the Minnesota Twins‘ official website began selling a limited edition collection of 25 bobblehead dolls representing every player from the 1991 World Series team.
There were 1,000 sets available at $391 apiece, and they sold out — almost immediately. The net proceeds from the $391,000 promotion will be donated to the team’s community fund.
We can’t imagine any socially competent individual wanting all 25 bobbleheads displayed on their mantlepiece — even if the dolls are representative of World Series-caliber players — but then again, who are we to be arbiters of taste?
[h/t Keith, via HardballTalk]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts