- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
The Minnesota Twins Put On The Most Successful Bobblehead Promotion We’ve Ever Seen
Well, this has got to be unprecedented: a completely absurd bobblehead promotion that actually worked.
Monday morning, the Minnesota Twins‘ official website began selling a limited edition collection of 25 bobblehead dolls representing every player from the 1991 World Series team.
There were 1,000 sets available at $391 apiece, and they sold out — almost immediately. The net proceeds from the $391,000 promotion will be donated to the team’s community fund.
We can’t imagine any socially competent individual wanting all 25 bobbleheads displayed on their mantlepiece — even if the dolls are representative of World Series-caliber players — but then again, who are we to be arbiters of taste?
[h/t Keith, via HardballTalk]
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- The Top 40 Up and Coming NBA Stars
- What Are The 49ers' Current Postseason Standings?
- Top 15 2014 NFL Draft Quarterback Prospects