- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Minnesota Twins Put On The Most Successful Bobblehead Promotion We’ve Ever Seen
Well, this has got to be unprecedented: a completely absurd bobblehead promotion that actually worked.
Monday morning, the Minnesota Twins‘ official website began selling a limited edition collection of 25 bobblehead dolls representing every player from the 1991 World Series team.
There were 1,000 sets available at $391 apiece, and they sold out — almost immediately. The net proceeds from the $391,000 promotion will be donated to the team’s community fund.
We can’t imagine any socially competent individual wanting all 25 bobbleheads displayed on their mantlepiece — even if the dolls are representative of World Series-caliber players — but then again, who are we to be arbiters of taste?
[h/t Keith, via HardballTalk]
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!