- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
These Indians Fans In Redface Have All Of America Now Rooting For The Rays
Look, I’ve always lived by one simple rule: don’t paint your face. You avoid so many problems this way.
First, painting your face is stupid, no matter what the context. Also for some it’s unhealthy. But mostly, if you don’t paint your face you avoid inadvertently proving to the entire world that you’re clueless/racist/both. It’s beginning to look like Cleveland’s flirtation with the playoffs is going to end after one game — Tampa Bay is up 3-0 after six in their Wild Card Game at Progressive Field. Practically no one is sad about this, considering the scene above.
What prompted these bros to go redface at a time when Native American-themed sports mascots are such a divisive issue? Would blackface also be OK? These guys just made sure that Chief Wahoo is next on the hit list: we are THIS CLOSE to banning the nickname “Indians” from SportsGrid. Don’t test us, mister … we will do it.
Having both a long face and a racist face at the same time? Not recommended.
I just saw a Molina try to steal a base. It's like he was trying to get me to forget about the bros in redface.
— Joey Chenoweth (@joeychenoweth) October 3, 2013
— Luke Dunlevy (@lukedunlevy) October 3, 2013
@ratfoot why does someone have to be non-white to think that wearing caricature-worthy redface is ill-advised
— EireannMichaelDolan (@EireannDolan) October 3, 2013
those dudes in the crowd wearing redface: would be fine with me if they were throw into the nearest volcano
— pete beatty (@nocoastoffense) October 3, 2013
The three guys in redface should be ashamed of themselves
— Jason Hanselman (@SandyKazmir) October 3, 2013
How do Indians fans in redface rate compared to tomahawk choppers?
— Scott Ross (@ScottRoss15) October 3, 2013
— Busted Coverage (@bustedcoverage) October 3, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts