- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
What makes a knuckleball knuckle? Drew Shepard over at Fangraphs gave the question some study, and came up with a pretty interesting piece. Included is this trippy GIF, showing a bunch of different deliveries by Blue Jays’ knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Ever have one of those dreams when seven knuckleball pitchers are all throwing at you at once? It’s like being attacked by bees. Yikes.
The ideal knuckleball makes just 1 to 1.5 rotations (~150 RPM) between release and home plate, causing the drag on the ball to shift significantly mid-flight as the leading seam of the ball rotates slightly, resulting in unpredictable and uniquely sudden movement.
Fun facts: Dickey is a born-again Christian who loves Star Wars, names his bats after swords from fantasy movies, chose the theme to Game of Thrones as his at-bat walk-up music.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success