- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
What makes a knuckleball knuckle? Drew Shepard over at Fangraphs gave the question some study, and came up with a pretty interesting piece. Included is this trippy GIF, showing a bunch of different deliveries by Blue Jays’ knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Ever have one of those dreams when seven knuckleball pitchers are all throwing at you at once? It’s like being attacked by bees. Yikes.
The ideal knuckleball makes just 1 to 1.5 rotations (~150 RPM) between release and home plate, causing the drag on the ball to shift significantly mid-flight as the leading seam of the ball rotates slightly, resulting in unpredictable and uniquely sudden movement.
Fun facts: Dickey is a born-again Christian who loves Star Wars, names his bats after swords from fantasy movies, chose the theme to Game of Thrones as his at-bat walk-up music.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar