- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
What makes a knuckleball knuckle? Drew Shepard over at Fangraphs gave the question some study, and came up with a pretty interesting piece. Included is this trippy GIF, showing a bunch of different deliveries by Blue Jays’ knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Ever have one of those dreams when seven knuckleball pitchers are all throwing at you at once? It’s like being attacked by bees. Yikes.
The ideal knuckleball makes just 1 to 1.5 rotations (~150 RPM) between release and home plate, causing the drag on the ball to shift significantly mid-flight as the leading seam of the ball rotates slightly, resulting in unpredictable and uniquely sudden movement.
Fun facts: Dickey is a born-again Christian who loves Star Wars, names his bats after swords from fantasy movies, chose the theme to Game of Thrones as his at-bat walk-up music.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions