- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Today’s Josh Hamilton Deal Pissed Off Torii Hunter, Who Was Told “Money Was Tight” By Angels Ownership
Newly-minted Tigers outfielder Torii Hunter, who just played to completion a $90 million contract he signed with the Angels in 2007, is a bit peeved at the club for their splurge on Josh Hamilton.
Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract with the Angels today. Meanwhile, Hunter recently signed a two-year, $26 million with the Tigers. (Which, it should be pointed out, is chump change by no means).
That all led to this.
I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don’t lie.
— Torii Hunter (@toriihunter48) December 13, 2012
Hunter later tweeted, “Great signing for the Angels. One the best players in baseball. I’m not upset just have fun with it.” Even though, clearly, he was upset.
All’s well, though, since Hunter received words of wisdom from one very important, very excited, very bald fan.
@toriihunter48 u r better off the Tigers will be really good + not far from ND – can see ur son
— Dick Vitale (@DickieV) December 13, 2012
No word yet on if Mike Trout has been able to form complete sentences since the deal was announced.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story