- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Watch Giants Left Fielder Cody Ross Get Steve Bartman’d On Foul Ball
It’s been nearly eight years since Steve Bartman became the scapegoat for the Chicago Cubs missing out on the World Series, but his name is still invoked whenever a home team’s fan interferes with a fielder attempting to catch a foul popup — as happened Wednesday night in San Francisco to Giants LF Cody Ross.
Most fans know to get out of the way when their player’s trying to make a catch — but when you bring a glove to the game, it’s hard to resist:
In the fan’s defense, he didn’t reach into the field of play & thus didn’t break any (written) rules. The Twins’ broadcast of the event suggests he (and his female companion) were evacuated for their own safety:
What remains to be answered: was he allowed to keep the ball?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story