- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Everyone Keeps Talking About Adrian Peterson's Unsettlingly Strong Handshake
- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Watch Giants Left Fielder Cody Ross Get Steve Bartman’d On Foul Ball
It’s been nearly eight years since Steve Bartman became the scapegoat for the Chicago Cubs missing out on the World Series, but his name is still invoked whenever a home team’s fan interferes with a fielder attempting to catch a foul popup — as happened Wednesday night in San Francisco to Giants LF Cody Ross.
Most fans know to get out of the way when their player’s trying to make a catch — but when you bring a glove to the game, it’s hard to resist:
In the fan’s defense, he didn’t reach into the field of play & thus didn’t break any (written) rules. The Twins’ broadcast of the event suggests he (and his female companion) were evacuated for their own safety:
What remains to be answered: was he allowed to keep the ball?
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- MMA's Top 10 Stick-And-Ball Crossovers
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee