- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Should ESPN's Heather Cox Apologize For Her Post-Game Jameis Winston Interview?
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- Bill Belichick Reveals How To Win When Your Team Is Down Two Touchdowns
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Watch Giants Left Fielder Cody Ross Get Steve Bartman’d On Foul Ball
It’s been nearly eight years since Steve Bartman became the scapegoat for the Chicago Cubs missing out on the World Series, but his name is still invoked whenever a home team’s fan interferes with a fielder attempting to catch a foul popup — as happened Wednesday night in San Francisco to Giants LF Cody Ross.
Most fans know to get out of the way when their player’s trying to make a catch — but when you bring a glove to the game, it’s hard to resist:
In the fan’s defense, he didn’t reach into the field of play & thus didn’t break any (written) rules. The Twins’ broadcast of the event suggests he (and his female companion) were evacuated for their own safety:
What remains to be answered: was he allowed to keep the ball?
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Were The 49ers (Sort Of) Robbed?
- Brian Wilson Refuses to Shave Beard, Yankees Move On