- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Watch Giants Left Fielder Cody Ross Get Steve Bartman’d On Foul Ball
It’s been nearly eight years since Steve Bartman became the scapegoat for the Chicago Cubs missing out on the World Series, but his name is still invoked whenever a home team’s fan interferes with a fielder attempting to catch a foul popup — as happened Wednesday night in San Francisco to Giants LF Cody Ross.
Most fans know to get out of the way when their player’s trying to make a catch — but when you bring a glove to the game, it’s hard to resist:
In the fan’s defense, he didn’t reach into the field of play & thus didn’t break any (written) rules. The Twins’ broadcast of the event suggests he (and his female companion) were evacuated for their own safety:
What remains to be answered: was he allowed to keep the ball?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement