- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Bizarre Scene At European Youth Boxing Match, Ref Gets KO'd
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Watch Giants Left Fielder Cody Ross Get Steve Bartman’d On Foul Ball
It’s been nearly eight years since Steve Bartman became the scapegoat for the Chicago Cubs missing out on the World Series, but his name is still invoked whenever a home team’s fan interferes with a fielder attempting to catch a foul popup — as happened Wednesday night in San Francisco to Giants LF Cody Ross.
Most fans know to get out of the way when their player’s trying to make a catch — but when you bring a glove to the game, it’s hard to resist:
In the fan’s defense, he didn’t reach into the field of play & thus didn’t break any (written) rules. The Twins’ broadcast of the event suggests he (and his female companion) were evacuated for their own safety:
What remains to be answered: was he allowed to keep the ball?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts