- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
What Happened Last Night: Yankees Survive, Cardinals Rip The Heart Out Of DC
There was only one sport going last night: baseball. Okay, technically there was NBA preseason going on, but, as much as it pains me to say this, no one cares about the NBA preseason (Although I won’t lie, I’m just slightly pissed this morning that my Chicago Bulls lost to Cleveland last night. Preseason or not, I want W’s.).
Two Game 5′s in the MLB Playoffs were played Friday night. Let’s take a look at who is moving on and who was sent packing.
Cards beat Nats in 9th, head to NLCS
You have to feel for the Nationals. They entered the 9th inning last night up 7-5 and actually got to a 3-2 count with 2 outs left twice. Sadly, that’s when the wheels came off. They walked the bases loaded and then opened the floodgates for St. Louis, who scored four runs with two outs to take the 9-7 victory.
Take a look at the Cardinals’ improbable comeback in all of its glory, via MLB.
Yankees beat O’s behind Sabathia’s complete game, move on to ALCS
The Yankees-Orioles game was decidedly less dramatic than their NL counterpart. New York never trailed and, led by a complete game from C.C. Sabathia, won 3-1 as Baltimore went 1-2-3 in the 9th to put up little fight in the end.
To be honest, even the Yankees seemed a little bored by the victory. Derek Jeter and Joe Girardi have won multiple World Series; it’s a little tough for them to get pumped about an ALDS win. Watch them force a smile, also via MLB.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story