- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
What Happened Last Night: Yankees Survive, Cardinals Rip The Heart Out Of DC
There was only one sport going last night: baseball. Okay, technically there was NBA preseason going on, but, as much as it pains me to say this, no one cares about the NBA preseason (Although I won’t lie, I’m just slightly pissed this morning that my Chicago Bulls lost to Cleveland last night. Preseason or not, I want W’s.).
Two Game 5′s in the MLB Playoffs were played Friday night. Let’s take a look at who is moving on and who was sent packing.
Cards beat Nats in 9th, head to NLCS
You have to feel for the Nationals. They entered the 9th inning last night up 7-5 and actually got to a 3-2 count with 2 outs left twice. Sadly, that’s when the wheels came off. They walked the bases loaded and then opened the floodgates for St. Louis, who scored four runs with two outs to take the 9-7 victory.
Take a look at the Cardinals’ improbable comeback in all of its glory, via MLB.
Yankees beat O’s behind Sabathia’s complete game, move on to ALCS
The Yankees-Orioles game was decidedly less dramatic than their NL counterpart. New York never trailed and, led by a complete game from C.C. Sabathia, won 3-1 as Baltimore went 1-2-3 in the 9th to put up little fight in the end.
To be honest, even the Yankees seemed a little bored by the victory. Derek Jeter and Joe Girardi have won multiple World Series; it’s a little tough for them to get pumped about an ALDS win. Watch them force a smile, also via MLB.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts