- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
White Sox’ Philip Humber Pitches 21st Perfect Game In MLB History
Well, that’s a way to spice up a routine-looking Saturday of baseball: White Sox pitcher Philip Humber finished off the 21st perfect game in MLB history, blanking the Mariners in Seattle, 4-0. The ending was odd, as far as these things go: Seattle’s Brendan Ryan was (possibly wrongly) called out swinging on a check swing on a 3-2 pitch, and the ball got away from White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, but the out was recorded, and that’s all that matters. Here was the scene for the last out:
Nice job, Sox: a rare mount pileup for a regular season game. We approve of the celebration – but not, of course, as much as we approve of Humber’s performance, which featured nine strikeouts – and, as the announcers were fond of pointing out in the aftermath, didn’t even feature many hard-hit balls. It’s not often you can get the home crowd applauding when you play for the visiting team, but Humber fully earned that honor today.
Video by CJ Fogler.
- Filed Under:
- philip humber
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts