- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Yusmeiro Petit Has Perfect Game Broken Up In Ninth By Eric “Party Pooper” Chavez
Down to his last out, all Yasmeiro Petit needed to do to achieve immortality, was to get Eric Chavez to roll over that 89-MPH four-seam fastball on the bottom outside half of the plate. Instead, the pinch hitter — who’s had limited appearances this year due to injury — volleyed the ball in front of Hunter Pence, and ruined everything (thanks a lot, jerk.) Petit promptly disposed of the next batter, sealing the Giants 3-0 victory, and ruining any chance he’ll ever be remembered by anyone. Ever. Even his kids.
It was only his third start of the season.
In a lot of ways, this is a better way to lose your perfect game than, say, having it unjustly stolen from you by a sleepy umpire…
Petit’s near perfection comes almost 12 years to the day after Mike Mussina’s pitched a nearly identical game on September 1st, 2001, only Carl Everett played the role of Eric Chavez.
Photo via Getty
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside