- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Yusmeiro Petit Has Perfect Game Broken Up In Ninth By Eric “Party Pooper” Chavez
Down to his last out, all Yasmeiro Petit needed to do to achieve immortality, was to get Eric Chavez to roll over that 89-MPH four-seam fastball on the bottom outside half of the plate. Instead, the pinch hitter — who’s had limited appearances this year due to injury — volleyed the ball in front of Hunter Pence, and ruined everything (thanks a lot, jerk.) Petit promptly disposed of the next batter, sealing the Giants 3-0 victory, and ruining any chance he’ll ever be remembered by anyone. Ever. Even his kids.
It was only his third start of the season.
In a lot of ways, this is a better way to lose your perfect game than, say, having it unjustly stolen from you by a sleepy umpire…
Petit’s near perfection comes almost 12 years to the day after Mike Mussina’s pitched a nearly identical game on September 1st, 2001, only Carl Everett played the role of Eric Chavez.
Photo via Getty
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime
- 5 NBA Players Falling From Glory
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time