- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Yusmeiro Petit Has Perfect Game Broken Up In Ninth By Eric “Party Pooper” Chavez
Down to his last out, all Yasmeiro Petit needed to do to achieve immortality, was to get Eric Chavez to roll over that 89-MPH four-seam fastball on the bottom outside half of the plate. Instead, the pinch hitter — who’s had limited appearances this year due to injury — volleyed the ball in front of Hunter Pence, and ruined everything (thanks a lot, jerk.) Petit promptly disposed of the next batter, sealing the Giants 3-0 victory, and ruining any chance he’ll ever be remembered by anyone. Ever. Even his kids.
It was only his third start of the season.
In a lot of ways, this is a better way to lose your perfect game than, say, having it unjustly stolen from you by a sleepy umpire…
Petit’s near perfection comes almost 12 years to the day after Mike Mussina’s pitched a nearly identical game on September 1st, 2001, only Carl Everett played the role of Eric Chavez.
Photo via Getty
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story