- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Allen Iverson And The New York Times Dissect The Moment He Crossed Up Michael Jordan
Remember that amazing moment on March 12th, 1997, when a young Allen Iverson crossed over arguably the greatest basketball player ever, Michael Jordan? Years later, it’s still one of the better non-playoff NBA highlights you’ll ever see. But how did it happen? How did Jordan, nine-time all defensive first teamer, end up on the other end of a highlight?
In a New York Times piece chronicling the history of the crossover, Iverson, naturally, was a crucial interview. The conversation quickly turned to that famous crossover of MJ, a moment which Iverson himself admits he spent a lot of time visualizing in his pre-Association days. Fast forward the following video to the 1:59 mark.
There are so many great things about this video, chiefly: Phil Jackson imploring Jordan to check Iverson, and Iverson himself being amazed that, even after giving Jordan his best move, the GOAT still almost blocked his shot.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce