- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Anthony Davis Hits A Three, Gets The Foul, Taunts John Calipari
Anthony Davis was an emergency addition to USA Basketball’s national team when Blake Griffin went down with a knee injury, but he acquitted himself well in a warmup game against the Dominican Republic last night, scoring nine points in 10 minutes in a 113-59 romp.
Of course, Davis had some extra motivation to put on a show last night: the Dominican side was coached by his now-former mentor, John Calipari. So when Davis got fouled while hitting a last-minute three to stretch Team USA’s lead from 50 to 53 points, it might have looked like the least-dramatic four-point play opportunity in basketball history on the surface, but Davis’ reaction made it superb:
As the announcers said, Davis was probably just telling Calipari he should have let him shoot more threes last season – coach Cal was clearly tickled by whatever it was Davis exactly said. We have to say, though: he might have only been 3-for-20 on threes at Kentucky, but that stroke looked smooth. Smooth enough to get Hornets fans very excited.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts