- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Blake Griffin Got Brutally Body Checked On A Fast Break In New Orleans
Blake Griffin is used to flying above the rim. He is not used to being run into at full speed and sent flying. But Jason Smith wasn’t looking to get posterized, so he did the second thing instead. Blake went down, the rest of the Clippers went after Smith, and Smith was eventually ejected. He’ll probably get suspended, too.
Smith tried to play it off like an accident, but replays show he was clearly trying to take Griffin out. The aftermath spills over into the stands, as Chris Paul and company go after Smith and basically tell him “Hey, man, I disagree with your actions,” but in much stronger language.
The kicker: Smith pumping up the crowd afterwards. What is he thinking there, exactly? That flagrant fouls are cool? That Blake Griffin deserves to get levelled? Not sure what the thought process was there, but we wouldn’t want to be Smith the next time these two teams get together.
Looks like the Hornets are drawing inspiration from their NFL brethren.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap