- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
This Brandon Jennings-Monta Ellis Commercial: Clever, But How Many People Will Get It?
Hey, maybe I’m underestimating the level of appreciation for Laverne & Shirley out there. If I am: sorry, Laverne & Shirley. Never should have doubted you. And I get the reason doing this was tempting – the show was set in Milwaukee, Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis are the Bucks’ dynamic duo. It’s a natural fit. Not to mention: the ad itself is pretty well-done. But: to have much of any appreciation for the ad, you need some appreciation for Laverne & Shirley – specifically, the theme song (which, in fairness, was the most iconic thing about the show, or at least I always understood it to be).
And… well, I’m 25. I know what Laverne & Shirley is, thanks in part to how it used to air all the time on Nick at Nite. But how does the amount of Nick at Nite I’ve watched over the years compare to the average 25-year-old? I’m willing to wager my Nick at Nite time logged is above average. Granted, this ad isn’t meant to just appeal to 25-year-olds, but I’m smack in the middle of that key 18-to-34 demographic. And people at the older end of that spectrum were four years old when the show’s original run ended. Basically, this ad is pretty good – I’m just worried that not enough people are going to care. Here’s the ad:
And, just in case you haven’t seen the Laverne & Shirley intro on which the ad was patterned:
- Extreme Cliff Diving For The Insane
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ