- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Carmelo Anthony: Kevin Garnett Said Things To Me That Shouldn’t Be Said To “Another Man”
What sweet nothings did Kevin Garnett whisper into Carmelo Anthony’s ear to make him fly just a wee bit off the deep end after last night’s Knicks loss? Anthony and Garnett were jawing with each other, hard, for pretty much the entire fourth quarter, so there were probably numerous words — all of them terrible — that the cruelest basketball player in the world grimaced his way through.
Carmelo Anthony says he lost his cool after Kevin Garnett said things to him that he feels shouldn’t be said to “another man.”
Anthony says he sought out Garnett after the Knicks’ loss to Boston on Monday night so they could discuss it. He would not elaborate on what was said.
There has been a rumor flying around all morning as to what was said.
The as-of-yet-totally-uncomfirmed-but-still-hilarious theory is that, at one point during last night’s game, Garnett told Anthony that Anthony’s wife “tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios.” Again, this tidbit’s unconfirmed nature bears repeating. But still. Honey Nut Cheerios?
What does it mean? If Kevin Garnett told me my wife tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios, I’d not only be angry — don’t tell me my wife tastes like anything, Guy On The Other Team — but I’d be confused, too. I like Honey Nut Cheerios. They are delicious.
So, in addition to being angry, I’d also be confused. So I’d be confused and angry. Which would only make me angrier. I might even go to the Celtics team bus and ask Kevin Garnett just what the hell he meant when he said my wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios. A cereal that I love. The inner turmoil would be off the charts, especially if my smoothly-goateed coach, a few NYPD officers, and a barrage of very tiny MSG security officials were politely telling me to keep it moving. I’d want answers. I’d be seeing red.
Honey Nut Cheerios?!
According to the AP report, the two eventually did talk, and “sorted out the matter.” We expect the manner to remain sorted… until the next time the Knicks play the Celtics, and Garnett tells Anthony his mom tastes like Boo Berry. Then the beef’s back on.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story