- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Two People Shot, One Stabbed In San Francisco World Series 'Celebration'
- Are The Giants Officially A Dynasty? Opinions Vary, We Investigate
- Why Is Everyone Giving Gregg Popovich Shit?
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Chael Sonnen Calls LeBron James ‘A Dork’
So if you’re going to have a panel discussion about LeBron James, why not include Chael Sonnen? The most legendary talker in UFC history rarely disappoints, incendiary-quote-wise, so when Showtime host Jim Rome asked his assessment of James, Sonnen unleashed a few barbed arrows. Sonnen:
“I think LeBron’s a dork. He won one world championship, and that was in the Olympic Games. It’s so aggravating to hear a title be called a world championship when it’s only done in America. It’s not a global event where the whole world can participate. You didn’t win a world title. You won a national title.”
Sonnen was on a panel with former Ravens’ linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo and former NBA player and current San Francisco Bay Area sports media personality Tom Tolbert … and a more unlikely trifecta you will probably never see.
After the “dork” comment, Sonnen soon upped the ante.
TOLBERT: “I’m not sure, dork? How is he a dork?”
SONNEN: “LeBron’s a nerd. There’s only a couple guys where it’s annoying. You got this guy LeBron’s a wimp, you got this nerd Ray Lewis, you know if I saw these guys I’d smack them out of principle.”
Not sure how Ray Lewis even got into the conversation, but OK.
Sonnen was actually supposed to have a fight this Saturday, meeting Maurício Rua in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 161 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. But Sonnen had a problem with his visa, so it was called off. Wait, what? If you’re not clever enough to get into Canada, should you be calling anyone names?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts