- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Chael Sonnen Says LeBron James Snubbed A Handicapped Child At A UFC Event: ‘I’d Slap The Divots Right Off His Face’
To call Chael Sonnen the Skip Bayless of UFC is probably not fair to either — Sonnen is much more controversial. The one-man quote machine almost single-handedly keeps MMA in the news, and one never quite has a handle on whether he’s on the level.
Does the UFC light heavyweight really have a grudge against LeBron James, as he said in an interview with Jim Rome last week? (For one thing, he called LeBron “a dork”). Bleacher Report sought out Sonnen for clarification. The results were rather amusing, especially coming as they do right before tonight’s Game 7.
Sonnen says thaht his grudge with LeBron goes back to a UFC fight the Miami Heat star attended. Sonnen, to Bleacher Report:
“Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight against Anderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He’s a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn.
“And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after “C.” This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there’s a Tic Tac in her blouse or if she was just happy to see him.
“I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. LeBron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. LeBron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.
“I’d like to slap the divots right off his face.”
So, LeBron snubs handicapped children, and fans, according to Sonnen. But what would happen if Sonnen and LeBron ever really fought? Sonnen, to Bleacher Report:
“He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.
“He makes (Steve) Urkel look cool. I would have liked to call him a twat, but they changed subjects.”
Oops. Do not mess with Jaleel White.
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Anderson Silva Returns to Meet Nick Diaz in Middleweight Clash