- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Here’s The Iffy Foul That Has The City Of Boston Losing Its Mind This Morning
With 10 seconds remaining in Game 2, the Sixers were clinging to an unlikely three point lead. The Celtics inbounded the ball, put their play into motion, and suddenly a whistle blew. Okay, a foul, that makes sense. Wait… an offensive foul? On… Kevin Garnett? Game… basically over? Yes: the Celtics went on to lose by one point. Womp womp.
Here’s video of the foul, which came much to the surprise of announcers Dick Stockton and Chris Webber, and to the chagrin of every Celtics fan the world over:
Regardless of the foul’s merit, it was certainly an unexpected call. You rarely see offensive fouls of the moving screen variety called in crunch time. But yeah: that was, by the letter of the law, a foul. If you don’t call that, Pierce has an unearned, wide-open look at the basket, and The Truth knows how to knock those down.
Of course, this is all hypothetical. If the foul wasn’t called, maybe Pierce comes off the screen, misses the three, and Boston loses anyway. But regardless, Boston fans are probably none too happy with the inconsistency.
We’ll see what kind of breaks the Sixers will catch in Game 3, which is in Philadelphia on Wednesday.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story