- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Dan Gilbert’s Final Middle Finger To LeBron: Cutting His Fathead Price
As a last “eff you” to the departing LeBron James, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has cut the price of James’ Fathead poster from $99.99 to a clearance price of $17.41, which, not-so-coincidentally, is the year that Benedict Arnold was born.
Fathead is owned by Gilbert (hence his ability to cut the price) and this latest stunt is quite petty. Much like his now famous open letter to Cavs fans, it makes Gilbert look like a “high school ex-girlfriend,” the main point of criticism he’s faced on sports talk radio shows throughout the country.
But besides making Gilbert look unhinged, there’s a certain rabid fanboyism in what he’s doing. Even though the rest of the country is appalled (and very amused) by his actions, he’s no doubt endearing himself to a fanbase that is very much in danger of becoming disillusioned. Gilbert probably should have toned down his crazy-person Comic Sans musings, but for him to have been passive would have been much worse.
[h/t Lex Kuhne's Twitter]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story