- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- Joe Montana's Son Wins For Saturday's Most Embarrassing Moment
- Colt McCoy's First NFL Pass Attempt Was A 70-Yard TD, So Here Are Some Photos Of His Wife
- There's No "I" In Rugby, But There Is In Fiji
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Has A Professional Basketball Player Ever Missed A Free Throw By More Than This?
To say Bobcats center DeSagana Diop isn’t an offensive threat would be an understatement. He’s averaging 1.1 points per game in about 12 minutes a contest for Charlotte this season (he’s averaging two per night over his decade-long NBA career). His career single-game high: 10. He doesn’t shoot much, and when he does, he’s not especially accurate – he’s shooting 43 percent from the field for his career, and 47.1 percent from the line. And this season has been worse than usual – thus far, he’s made only 6 of 23 shots.
No amount of facts and figures, though, could have prepared us for what Diop did at the line during the third quarter of the Bobcats’ 102-99 loss to the Wizards last night. Diop had a Diopian game on the offensive end – 0-4 shooting and 1-4 on free throws for one point – but when you see the video below, the wonder will be the he made one of those four from the charity stripe:
We understand embarrassing free throw misses happen to even the best of players, but that? That could redefine the “airballed free throw” genre. Even for a guy who clearly has a limited offensive arsenal, that was something else. Well, at least he put some arc on the shot, so that’s…something.
- Filed Under:
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Why Floyd Mayweather Says He Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?