- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Has A Professional Basketball Player Ever Missed A Free Throw By More Than This?
To say Bobcats center DeSagana Diop isn’t an offensive threat would be an understatement. He’s averaging 1.1 points per game in about 12 minutes a contest for Charlotte this season (he’s averaging two per night over his decade-long NBA career). His career single-game high: 10. He doesn’t shoot much, and when he does, he’s not especially accurate – he’s shooting 43 percent from the field for his career, and 47.1 percent from the line. And this season has been worse than usual – thus far, he’s made only 6 of 23 shots.
No amount of facts and figures, though, could have prepared us for what Diop did at the line during the third quarter of the Bobcats’ 102-99 loss to the Wizards last night. Diop had a Diopian game on the offensive end – 0-4 shooting and 1-4 on free throws for one point – but when you see the video below, the wonder will be the he made one of those four from the charity stripe:
We understand embarrassing free throw misses happen to even the best of players, but that? That could redefine the “airballed free throw” genre. Even for a guy who clearly has a limited offensive arsenal, that was something else. Well, at least he put some arc on the shot, so that’s…something.
- Filed Under:
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'