- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Dick Vitale Correctly Picked The Exact Final Score 13 Minutes Before The Heat-Spurs Game
13 minutes before yesterday’s Game 7 Dick Vitale correctly picked the final score: Heat 95, Spurs 88.
VBDI HAS JUST REC'D Vibes from Miami – new updated & final score – HEAT 95 – Spurs 88! It will be electric @ CLUB LIV & PRIME 112 #MVPLJ
— Dick Vitale (@DickieV) June 21, 2013
This is truly one of those randomness of the universe moments, where you just throw your hands up and give him credit. I’m sure thousands of people attempted to pick last night’s score. I bet some with a lower profile than Dick Vitale picked the exact score as well.
Let’s look at the numbers to see how unlikely this was:
The Heat averaged 102 this season, the Spurs averaged around 103 a game. If you take a 30-point range with their averages in the middle (87-117 for the Heat, 88-118 for the Spurs), that’s 900 different score combinations. A 1/900th chance of picking the correct final score, if the score’s even fall within that range. A pretty impressive pick for the biggest game of the year by Dickie V. For comparison the chance of picking a correct March Madness bracket is around 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808.
So for Vitale to prove he’s the true rainman of sports he’s going to have to pick the perfect bracket next year. After that we can just hand him the presidency, no democracy necessary.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row