- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Dirk Nowitzki Singing “Born In The U.S.A.” Will Hurt Your Ears, But Fill Your Heart With Joy
Dirk Nowitzki took a lot of good-natured ribbing for his singing of “We Are The Champions” when the Mavs won the title in 2011. And… well, clearly he didn’t have a second career on his hands, but you’ve heard worse, no? He wasn’t trying to produce a masterpiece. He was having some fun with the fans. Noble, really.
But: if you really want an opportunity to make fun of Dirk’s awful singing, we’ve got a better option for you. Apparently the Mavs are getting some of their players to sing karaoke, similar to what the T-Wolves had some of their guys do last year. Dirk is the latest up. His entry: Bruce Springsteen classic “Born in the U.S.A.” And it’s spectacular. Not because it’s good, mind you, but spectacular nonetheless. When Dirk does something, he goes all out. You’ll probably want headphones, to avoid scaring people around you. And you’ll also want the volume reasonably low, to avoid scaring yourself.
Henceforth, anyone who clearly misinterprets “Born in the U.S.A.” as a song of flag-waving in-your-face patriotism should be forced to listen to this on loop.
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Greg Schiano Out as Coach in Tamba Bay?
- Head Injuries Are Part of Boxing But So Is Skill, Defense