- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Dirk Nowitzki Singing “Born In The U.S.A.” Will Hurt Your Ears, But Fill Your Heart With Joy
Dirk Nowitzki took a lot of good-natured ribbing for his singing of “We Are The Champions” when the Mavs won the title in 2011. And… well, clearly he didn’t have a second career on his hands, but you’ve heard worse, no? He wasn’t trying to produce a masterpiece. He was having some fun with the fans. Noble, really.
But: if you really want an opportunity to make fun of Dirk’s awful singing, we’ve got a better option for you. Apparently the Mavs are getting some of their players to sing karaoke, similar to what the T-Wolves had some of their guys do last year. Dirk is the latest up. His entry: Bruce Springsteen classic “Born in the U.S.A.” And it’s spectacular. Not because it’s good, mind you, but spectacular nonetheless. When Dirk does something, he goes all out. You’ll probably want headphones, to avoid scaring people around you. And you’ll also want the volume reasonably low, to avoid scaring yourself.
Henceforth, anyone who clearly misinterprets “Born in the U.S.A.” as a song of flag-waving in-your-face patriotism should be forced to listen to this on loop.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts