- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Emmy Rossum Takes Over Knicks’ Twitter Feed: Rogue Photoshopping Quickly Ensues
As you know, the Knicks are in the playoffs (no Jeremy Lin curse, apparently), and the organization is trying to ramp up excitement for their first-round matchup with the Celtics. As part of that effort they enlisted Knicks superfan/movie star/singer and sometimes Fiona Gallagher on Shameless, Emmy Rossum, to take over their Twitter handle for a few hours today.
It began with Rossum being asked to name her favorite Knick of all time (Patrick Ewing), and then tweeting a photo of her dog. But it didn’t take long for fans to begin sending in Photoshops of the actress wearing a goatee (above, and below).
— NBA New York Knicks (@nyknicks) April 18, 2013
Of course if I had my pick of Knicks’ fans to take over Twitter for a day I would definitely choose Woody Allen. Second choice: Kramer.
And now my favorite sentence from Rossum’s Wikipedia page:
Upon singing “Happy Birthday” in all twelve keys, Rossum was welcomed to join the Metropolitan Opera Children’s Chorus by chorus director Elena Doria.
- Filed Under:
- New York Knicks
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee