- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Watch ESPN’s Bob Ley Read The Lyrics To Jay-Z’s “Blow The Whistle,” On Air
In a somewhat surreal moment on ESPN’s Outside the Lines today, uber-respected journalist and overall serious man Bob Ley read the lyrics to a 2008 Jay-Z diss song on the air, impeccable broadcasting voice and all.
And yes, it was great.
Ley was discussing comments that the Mavericks’ DeShawn Stevenson, then a member of the Wizards, made about LeBron James in 2008. Stevenson said LeBron was “overrated,” which irked LeBron’s famous friend, Jay-Z. Naturally, Jay made a diss song about Stevenson that included lyrics like:
Who’s overrated?! If anything they underpaid him
Hatin that’s only ‘gon make him spend the night
Out of spite with the chick you’ve been datin
Someone at ESPN thought this was in Ley’s wheelhouse, apparently, because he literally read the entire first verse on the air. I’m not even sure this actually happened, because it’s really hot in New York right now, and this may have been a mirage.
- Does Richard Sherman Deserve Another Punch in the Face
- Michelle Obama Photobombs Miami Heat
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- LeBron Buys Teammates Championship Belts