- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Scandal! That “Thunder Fan” Who Hit The Halfcourt Shot At Last Night’s Game Isn’t Such A Thunder Fan After All
If you watched SportsCenter this morning, perhaps you caught this moment at halftime of the Thunder-Lakers game last night, when a high school teacher in the Oklahoma City suburb of Del City named Heath Kufahl hit a halfcourt shot and won $20,000:
Nice shot – and even nicer story behind it, as it turned out, which SportsCenter also delved into. Kufahl’s wife Jenni has cancer, and that means the money the couple won (Jenni participated – albeit reluctantly – in an earlier round of the contest) can help pay the bills. A Thunder fan hitting a halfcourt shot to win 20 grand in front of a cheering crowd at halftime of a Thunder game? The script is too good.
And it’s too good because it’s also a FILTHY LIE. Thankfully, the Orange County Register’s Kevin Ding uncovered the unseemly truth:
Guy who hit halfcourt shot to win $20k says: “I’m actually a Lakers fan. Don’t tell anybody. I had to wear a Thunder shirt.”
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 6, 2013
“Don’t tell anybody”? Too late, Heath – jig’s up. We all know your deal. So, nice shot. Enjoy your $20k. Enjoy it as much as you enjoyed DECEIVING US ALL.
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Niners Lose in a Manner Most Foul
- Brian Wilson Refuses to Shave Beard, Yankees Move On
- Who's To Blame For The 49ers Passing Game?