- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Scandal! That “Thunder Fan” Who Hit The Halfcourt Shot At Last Night’s Game Isn’t Such A Thunder Fan After All
If you watched SportsCenter this morning, perhaps you caught this moment at halftime of the Thunder-Lakers game last night, when a high school teacher in the Oklahoma City suburb of Del City named Heath Kufahl hit a halfcourt shot and won $20,000:
Nice shot – and even nicer story behind it, as it turned out, which SportsCenter also delved into. Kufahl’s wife Jenni has cancer, and that means the money the couple won (Jenni participated – albeit reluctantly – in an earlier round of the contest) can help pay the bills. A Thunder fan hitting a halfcourt shot to win 20 grand in front of a cheering crowd at halftime of a Thunder game? The script is too good.
And it’s too good because it’s also a FILTHY LIE. Thankfully, the Orange County Register’s Kevin Ding uncovered the unseemly truth:
Guy who hit halfcourt shot to win $20k says: “I’m actually a Lakers fan. Don’t tell anybody. I had to wear a Thunder shirt.”
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 6, 2013
“Don’t tell anybody”? Too late, Heath – jig’s up. We all know your deal. So, nice shot. Enjoy your $20k. Enjoy it as much as you enjoyed DECEIVING US ALL.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story