- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Johnny Who? Texas A&M Cruises Against South Carolina
- Backup RB Roundup: Carlos Hyde, Devonta Freeman, Knowshon Moreno
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Scandal! That “Thunder Fan” Who Hit The Halfcourt Shot At Last Night’s Game Isn’t Such A Thunder Fan After All
If you watched SportsCenter this morning, perhaps you caught this moment at halftime of the Thunder-Lakers game last night, when a high school teacher in the Oklahoma City suburb of Del City named Heath Kufahl hit a halfcourt shot and won $20,000:
Nice shot – and even nicer story behind it, as it turned out, which SportsCenter also delved into. Kufahl’s wife Jenni has cancer, and that means the money the couple won (Jenni participated – albeit reluctantly – in an earlier round of the contest) can help pay the bills. A Thunder fan hitting a halfcourt shot to win 20 grand in front of a cheering crowd at halftime of a Thunder game? The script is too good.
And it’s too good because it’s also a FILTHY LIE. Thankfully, the Orange County Register’s Kevin Ding uncovered the unseemly truth:
Guy who hit halfcourt shot to win $20k says: “I’m actually a Lakers fan. Don’t tell anybody. I had to wear a Thunder shirt.”
— KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 6, 2013
“Don’t tell anybody”? Too late, Heath – jig’s up. We all know your deal. So, nice shot. Enjoy your $20k. Enjoy it as much as you enjoyed DECEIVING US ALL.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence