- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Here’s How An Openly Gay Player Is Received By His Teammates
There isn’t a more admired human being in an NBA locker room than the guy who hustles, rebounds, plays team defense, sets solid screens, chases loose balls, and absorbs fouls. Guys like Jason Collins, who finished with five fouls, two rebounds, and one steal in 11 minutes Monday night.
[The New York Times] “In the society we live in, this was going to happen eventually,” Pierce said. “This is the normal.”…“He is a guy that’s going to be able to open up the door for athletes not only in America, but maybe around the world, to feel welcome in the sports world,” Pierce said. “It’s going to be key.”
Clearly his new basketball family appreciates what he brings to the floor, as evident by Alan Anderson, D-Will, and Andrei Kirilenko rushing to his side as if he were a fallen elderly person at the grocery store. Glad to see that not everyone is as divisively homophobic as adult PGA pro Steve “pickin’ on the gay kids” Elkington.
[Via The Brooklyn Game]
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?