- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Here’s How An Openly Gay Player Is Received By His Teammates
There isn’t a more admired human being in an NBA locker room than the guy who hustles, rebounds, plays team defense, sets solid screens, chases loose balls, and absorbs fouls. Guys like Jason Collins, who finished with five fouls, two rebounds, and one steal in 11 minutes Monday night.
[The New York Times] “In the society we live in, this was going to happen eventually,” Pierce said. “This is the normal.”…“He is a guy that’s going to be able to open up the door for athletes not only in America, but maybe around the world, to feel welcome in the sports world,” Pierce said. “It’s going to be key.”
Clearly his new basketball family appreciates what he brings to the floor, as evident by Alan Anderson, D-Will, and Andrei Kirilenko rushing to his side as if he were a fallen elderly person at the grocery store. Glad to see that not everyone is as divisively homophobic as adult PGA pro Steve “pickin’ on the gay kids” Elkington.
[Via The Brooklyn Game]
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams