- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
The Pacers have been getting a lot of shit lately, from both us and members of the mainstream media, for sucking. You would need several pairs of rose-colored glasses to see the past few months as anything but a total meltdown by an early-season title contender — if such a thing exists.
There’s another word for “wearing several pairs of rose-colored glasses,” however, and that word is “fan.” Fans of sport teams (unless they are Heat fans) stick by their chosen squad through good times and bad. Those who jump ship are known as “bandwagoners” and should be shunned. At a minimum, fans understand their role in a team’s success — they must be there to support the players when they can. Otherwise, they serve no purpose.
So as Game 2 of the Pacers first-round series with the surprisingly decent Hawks approaches, what are Pacers fans doing? Selling their seats for less than $10 on Stubhub, after just one home playoff loss:
Indiana is supposed to be one of the meccas of basketball. For some reason, the Pacers have never received the kind of love the Hoosiers get — or at least, they haven’t felt it since the days of Reggie Miller. I’m trying to imagine another team that would sell playoff tickets for $10 apiece, even in times of trouble. Hawks tickets for Game 3 are going for $27 at a minimum. Raptors tickets are worth hundreds of dollars. Single-digit prices are a steal for true fans, but blasphemy for the franchise as a whole.
I’m sure some Pacers fans out there are die-hard and supremely confident that their team will get back on track tonight — and for those of you out there without a ticket, they’re available. But these people selling their seats for $9.99 deserve a crumbling team like the Pacers.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts