- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
It’s Official: Kevin Durant Is The Greatest
This much is true: Kevin Durant is the greatest. It doesn’t matter if you’re not a Thunder fan — in fact, it doesn’t even matter if you’re a Sonics fan and passionately dislike the Thunder. In terms of being a good dude, there is no one in the NBA right now, or perhaps in sports as a whole, that we like more than Kevin Durant at this moment.
Sure, he’s a fantastic basketball player and he gave this perfect response last week to the question “Was this a wasted year?” But here’s what makes Durant so great:
Kevin Durant has donated $1 million to the Red Cross for Tornado relief.
— Royce Young (@dailythunder) May 21, 2013
Durant didn’t “report” that himself, mind you — it was the Red Cross that broke the news.
We’re not the only ones who love Durant for this:
Durant is truly an outstanding guy. Absolutely nothing fake about him. Almost so real and grounded he’s hard to believe.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 21, 2013
— Bonnie Bernstein (@BonnieBernstein) May 21, 2013
Kevin Durant’s pledge to OK tornado victims solidifies him as the rare combination of great athlete, role model and human
— Stacy Bishop (@StacyHBishop) May 21, 2013
Even self-described assholes showed love:
Kevin Durant seriously stepped up by donating all that money for the tornado victims.. That was real cool of him
— im a asshole (@JayByrd456) May 21, 2013
Of course, let’s not forget why this donation was so important. Considering Oklahoma’s devastation and loss in the wake of yesterday’s tornado, please take a minute to donate to the Red Cross yourself. We can all be like Kevin Durant in that regard. Just not in the dunking or general scoring regard.
[Update: Remember, for every Kevin Durant, there's a Fred Phelps Jr., who claims that Durant was the cause of the tornadoes in the first place for his support of Jason Collins.]
Photo via Getty
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'