- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jason Terry Slams Matt Barnes: He’s “Soft As Toilet Paper”
Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry got into a little shoving match with the Los Angeles Lakers‘ Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. Barnes took things up a notch when he threw L.A. assistant coach Terry Stotts into the bench and was the first of the three ejected from the game.
Today, Terry went on Colin Cowherd‘s ESPN Radio show to discuss the incident, and when asked “Do you think Matt Barnes of the Lakers is the first tough guy they’ve had in years?” he responded by calling Barnes “The Charminator.”
“That is a guy who is as soft as Charmin toilet paper,” Terry said.
Here’s audio of Terry’s comments, via ESPN Radio.
Meanwhile, to allege the Lakers had no tough guys before Barnes is a little ridiculous, considering they happen to have had Ron Artest—a guy who has been in quite a few scuffles including that one time he ran into the stands to hit a fan—since 2009. This point was not lost on Terry.
“Barnes is a good player, don’t get me wrong,” he said. “He does a great job in his role and he’s trying to assume a role of tough guy for them. But Ron Artest is that guy for them and he’s the reason they won that championship last year, not Matt Barnes.
As TNT analyst Reggie Miller pointed out during the game last night, if the playoffs were to start today, and L.A. and Dallas won their first-round matchups, they would meet in the second round. So, it should be interesting to see how this plays out come playoff time.
[via Chris Manning]
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager