- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Explained Why Dwight Howard Sucks, Skip Bayless Applauded Him, Neither Of Them Made Sense
I’ve seen about 17 seconds of “First Take” in the past three years. But I came across this clip, and it epitomizes what I imagine occurs on ESPN (or is it ESPN2?) every morning.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, by all accounts an intelligent man, goes on the show, says something somewhat inflammatory, exaggerates his premise, and then finally backs it up with an incoherent argument. It’s Skip Bayless, by the book. And of course, Skip is so proud that he literally applauds him.
Just because you’re a good speaker and sound articulate doesn’t mean you can defy the laws of logic. The Lakers aren’t “better off without Dwight Howard.” The Lakers are going to be legitimately awful. Also, you’re brain isn’t a muscle, dude.
So, the argument is: Dwight Howard has no basketball IQ, because he doesn’t have a go-to move, because I SHUT HIM DOWN WHEN I WAS A COACH CUZ I KNOW ALL, but if he gets a few physical skills he could be a consistent contributor, but HE’S A SMART, CHARISMATIC, GREAT GUY, but he’s had lots of success since I SHUT HIM DOWN, YEAH, ME, IN 2009, but that means that he sucks.
I’m no Dwight Howard fan, but if you’re gonna shit on the guy, at least make some damn sense.
- Who Does Bernard Hopkins Say is Standing In His Way?
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Drew Brees "Randomly" Drug Tested After Career Comments
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence