- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Paul George: Larry Bird Almost Shut Down Pacers Practice By Nailing 15 Straight Shots, Leaving Without A Word
We know that Michael Jordan still has game, and could probably re-join the NBA at 50 without missing too many beats. But how about Dream Team teammate Larry Bird? He’s apparently still good enough to leave an NBA team speechless and unsure of whether to continue practicing or just quit altogether.
Paul George spoke to Slam Online recently, and relayed this anecdote about shooting around in the gym with the Pacers’ team president:
SLAM: I believe you had talked about seeing Larry shoot in the gym.
PG: He picked a ball up that had rolled over. He rolled up his sleeves and made about 15 in a row and just walked out like nothing just happened. It was the craziest thing I’ve seen.
SLAM: How did you and the rest of the team react?
PG: We were speechless. We didn’t know whether to keep shooting or just to end practice. It was sweet, man.
Bad. Ass. Hey, if Steve Novak can make a career out of spotting up for three and not much else, why can’t Larry [make a second career out of the same thing]? We’d love to see an ancient Bird and an ancient Jordan (assuming he joins up with the Bulls, not the Bobcats) battling it out for supremacy once again.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts