- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Paul George: Larry Bird Almost Shut Down Pacers Practice By Nailing 15 Straight Shots, Leaving Without A Word
We know that Michael Jordan still has game, and could probably re-join the NBA at 50 without missing too many beats. But how about Dream Team teammate Larry Bird? He’s apparently still good enough to leave an NBA team speechless and unsure of whether to continue practicing or just quit altogether.
Paul George spoke to Slam Online recently, and relayed this anecdote about shooting around in the gym with the Pacers’ team president:
SLAM: I believe you had talked about seeing Larry shoot in the gym.
PG: He picked a ball up that had rolled over. He rolled up his sleeves and made about 15 in a row and just walked out like nothing just happened. It was the craziest thing I’ve seen.
SLAM: How did you and the rest of the team react?
PG: We were speechless. We didn’t know whether to keep shooting or just to end practice. It was sweet, man.
Bad. Ass. Hey, if Steve Novak can make a career out of spotting up for three and not much else, why can’t Larry [make a second career out of the same thing]? We’d love to see an ancient Bird and an ancient Jordan (assuming he joins up with the Bulls, not the Bobcats) battling it out for supremacy once again.
Photo via Getty
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun