- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Mr. And Mrs. James: LeBron Goes To A Shooting Range With His Wife And Fires A Heavy Machine Gun
If you ever wanted to know what a 22nd century super soldier looks like, this is it. On New Years Day 2014, LeBron James and his new wife, Savannah, went to the Lock & Load Miami Machine Gun Experience shooting range, and fired some guns from his favorite first-person shooter franchise, Call of Duty. Naturally, it was awesome. (Awesomeness enhanced by his shirt — nothing is quite as awesomely American as wearing a “United States of America” sweatshirt at a gun range in Florida.)
First up, the H&K MP5.
[Wikipedia] The Heckler & Koch MP5 (from German: Maschinenpistole 5, “machine pistol model 5″) is a 9mm submachine gun of German design, developed in the 1960s by a team of engineers from the German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH (H&K) of Oberndorf am Neckar. There are over 100 variants of the MP5, including a semi-automatic version.
The MP5 is one of the most widely used submachine guns in the world, having been adopted by 40 nations and numerous military, law enforcement, intelligence, and security organizations.
Next, the gas-operated M249 SAW Belt-Fed Machine Gun. That’s right, this gun is so big it has an engine.
[Wikipedia] The M249 light machine gun (LMG), previously designated the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), and formally written as Light Machine Gun, 5.56 mm, M249, is the American adaptation of the Belgian FN Minimi, a light machine gun manufactured by the Belgian company FN Herstal (FN). The M249 is manufactured in the United States by the local subsidiary FN Manufacturing LLC in South Carolina and is widely used in the U.S. Armed Forces.
The weapon was introduced in 1984 after being judged the most effective of a number of candidate weapons to address the lack of automatic firepower in small units. The M249 provides infantry squads with the heavy volume of fire of a machine gun combined with accuracy and portability approaching that of a rifle.
That’s one way to enjoy your day off.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts