- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Michael Jordan: I Might Not Beat Kobe Bryant 1-On-1 Because ‘He Steals All My Moves’
We know you love hypothetical matchups between all-time greats, so let’s see who Michael Jordan thinks he could beat 1-on-1 if he was still in his prime? Oh, pretty much everybody? That sounds about right.
Jordan probably gets asked this question every single day of his life, and of course it’s super easy for him to answer that, yes, he could beat anybody. That includes Jerry West, and Elgin Baylor, and LeBron James. We wouldn’t disagree with him: He is Michael Jordan, six-time champion and able to dunk from half court. But the one guy he isn’t so sure about: Kobe.
“I don’t think I would lose [to anybody], other than to Kobe Bryant, because he steals all of my moves.”
Is that supposed to be a compliment? An insult? Does “steal all my moves” include teaming up with a Hall of Fame sidekick and Phil Jackson to win a handful of titles? Honestly, Jordan v. Bryant would be the best 1-on-1 matchup of all-time, because they are of similar build and skill and mindset. Say what you will about LeBron — like that he’s the best player on the planet right now — but he doesn’t have the same killer instinct as either of those two guys. That’s just science, folks.
Other good battles: Shaq against Wilt Chamberlain, Kevin Durant against Scottie Pippin, Dwyane Wade against Dr. J, Larry Bird against Tracy McGrady. What do you all think?
Here’s the video of Jordan explaining why, even at 50, he’s the man:
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy