- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
NBA Logo Jerry West Drains 12 Consecutive Shots After Having Not Touched A Basketball In 10 Years
Before Jerry West’s iconic image was immortalized as the current NBA logo, the league was known by this baseball-looking design dud. Ya, weird, right? They changed it to keep up with the more hip brand their ABA competitors were selling, and West’s silhouette was a no-brainer. He was about as dynamic as any player up until that point — at 6’2″, he averaged 27 PPG over the course of his 14-year career.
And he hasn’t lost a damn thing.
Appearing at a youth basketball camp, West (who claims he hadn’t shot a ball in a decade), stood in front of a group of young kids and demonstrated how to align your elbow with the basket. Pretty simple stuff — especially if the rest of your mechanics are Jerry West’s. Watch him sink 12 in a row, at various angles and arcs, in loafers.
H/T PTP, Photo via Getty
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?