- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
NBA Logo Jerry West Drains 12 Consecutive Shots After Having Not Touched A Basketball In 10 Years
Before Jerry West’s iconic image was immortalized as the current NBA logo, the league was known by this baseball-looking design dud. Ya, weird, right? They changed it to keep up with the more hip brand their ABA competitors were selling, and West’s silhouette was a no-brainer. He was about as dynamic as any player up until that point — at 6’2″, he averaged 27 PPG over the course of his 14-year career.
And he hasn’t lost a damn thing.
Appearing at a youth basketball camp, West (who claims he hadn’t shot a ball in a decade), stood in front of a group of young kids and demonstrated how to align your elbow with the basket. Pretty simple stuff — especially if the rest of your mechanics are Jerry West’s. Watch him sink 12 in a row, at various angles and arcs, in loafers.
H/T PTP, Photo via Getty
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- The Bible Gets in the Way for Manny Pacquiao
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released