- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Anti-Gay Slurs Dominate YouTube Page Showing Leandro Barbosa And Reggie Evans Holding Hands
What we have here is a completely innocuous clip of Toronto Raptors teammates Leandro Barbosa and Reggie Evans holding hands as they make their way to the locker room. It’s not meant to be anything, really, just one (presumably straight) teammate joking around with another (presumably straight) teammate as the cameras are rolling.
But, this being the internet, the YouTube page hosting the video has been inundated with anti-gay language.
None of this is surprising, of course. Anonymous internet commenting turns weak people into weak idiots. But the fact that literally every comment on the video’s YouTube page is either homophobic, or people reprimanding said homophobia, is a nice little example of how touchy a subject homosexuality is in sports.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap