- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Of Course LeBron James Didn’t Get A Technical Foul For This
LeBron James is the King, and kings don’t follow the same rules as peasants. Take yesterday, for example, when LeBron James did something that would have earned any other player in the league (with the possible exceptions of Kevin Durant and Dwayne Wade) a technical, or two technicals, or maybe even five technicals — because remember, hanging on the rim at any time, except to avoid injury, results in a technical:
For some context, LeBron had just slammed home a dunk on a fastbreak. A foul had been called, but it’s not like the players were coming out of a timeout. This was right in the middle of a game.
Now let’s compare that to this dunk by DeJuan Blair, then of the Spurs. See how quickly the whistle is blown on Blair:
We all know that superstars play by a different set of rules. When they barrel through somebody standing outside of the restricted zone on the way to a thunderous dunk, they get the benefit of the doubt. And when they think that a ghost is chilling underneath them and they can’t possibly let go of the rim for, like, eight seconds? Benefit of the doubt. That’s what you get for being able to do this, I suppose.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers