- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The Next Time You See Ron Artest, It’ll Be A Bit More Family-Friendly
OK, now this is probably how Ron Artest/Metta World Peace would prefer to be in the news. Scarcely a day removed from Artest becoming the latest athlete mired in a cell phone penis photo controversy, we get a TMZ report on him. This one’s much less salacious, though: apparently, Artest is in talks to appear on the next season of Dancing with the Stars.
TMZ says there’s nothing official, but that Artest is “pretty excited” about appearing on the program, and Artest is just the type of guy we could imagine loving this kind of thing (not to mention taking it pretty seriously and getting legitimately good at dancing). One catch: while the NBA lockout may well take a long time to resolve…maybe it won’t. We’re not counting on this outcome, but if the NBA starts on time or close to on time, DWTS would end during the season. The prospect of handling both the show commitment and his actual job would be tricky at best.
But even then, it might not be impossible. According to TMZ, the show is “desperate for A-list talent,” so to make the obligation less onerous, they’re removing the minimum rehearsal requirement. And even in the even the NBA actually does start on schedule, if Ron Artest wants to dance with the stars badly enough, we have a feeling he’ll find a way to do it.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts