- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Next Time You See Ron Artest, It’ll Be A Bit More Family-Friendly
OK, now this is probably how Ron Artest/Metta World Peace would prefer to be in the news. Scarcely a day removed from Artest becoming the latest athlete mired in a cell phone penis photo controversy, we get a TMZ report on him. This one’s much less salacious, though: apparently, Artest is in talks to appear on the next season of Dancing with the Stars.
TMZ says there’s nothing official, but that Artest is “pretty excited” about appearing on the program, and Artest is just the type of guy we could imagine loving this kind of thing (not to mention taking it pretty seriously and getting legitimately good at dancing). One catch: while the NBA lockout may well take a long time to resolve…maybe it won’t. We’re not counting on this outcome, but if the NBA starts on time or close to on time, DWTS would end during the season. The prospect of handling both the show commitment and his actual job would be tricky at best.
But even then, it might not be impossible. According to TMZ, the show is “desperate for A-list talent,” so to make the obligation less onerous, they’re removing the minimum rehearsal requirement. And even in the even the NBA actually does start on schedule, if Ron Artest wants to dance with the stars badly enough, we have a feeling he’ll find a way to do it.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy