- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Can Anyone Figure Out Anything That Russian Draft Pick Sergey Kasarev Said To Shane Battier Last Night?
The Cleveland Cavaliers picked a 19-year-old Russian, Sergey Kasarev, with the 19th overall pick in last night’s NBA Draft. Russian accents are the best, so I was especially excited for his post-selection interview with Shane Battier.
It turned out, Kasarev did a great job disguising his accent, but he made virtually no sense. There was also mention on the broadcast of him apparently needing to catch an 11:30 p.m. flight back to Moscow, even though he was selected somewhere around 9:45 p.m. I’m not sure if that was made up, but that plus his spectacular interview already makes him a SportsGrid favorite.
If you can translate this, you are a better person than I.
Please do not be discouraged, Sergey. We would all sound equally ridiculous in our KHL post-signing interviews. Keep talking, and we’ll keep listening. You are our hero. You will be bigger than Andrei Kirilenko, if you eat your pelmeni.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story