- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Can Anyone Figure Out Anything That Russian Draft Pick Sergey Kasarev Said To Shane Battier Last Night?
The Cleveland Cavaliers picked a 19-year-old Russian, Sergey Kasarev, with the 19th overall pick in last night’s NBA Draft. Russian accents are the best, so I was especially excited for his post-selection interview with Shane Battier.
It turned out, Kasarev did a great job disguising his accent, but he made virtually no sense. There was also mention on the broadcast of him apparently needing to catch an 11:30 p.m. flight back to Moscow, even though he was selected somewhere around 9:45 p.m. I’m not sure if that was made up, but that plus his spectacular interview already makes him a SportsGrid favorite.
If you can translate this, you are a better person than I.
Please do not be discouraged, Sergey. We would all sound equally ridiculous in our KHL post-signing interviews. Keep talking, and we’ll keep listening. You are our hero. You will be bigger than Andrei Kirilenko, if you eat your pelmeni.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?