- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Can Anyone Figure Out Anything That Russian Draft Pick Sergey Kasarev Said To Shane Battier Last Night?
The Cleveland Cavaliers picked a 19-year-old Russian, Sergey Kasarev, with the 19th overall pick in last night’s NBA Draft. Russian accents are the best, so I was especially excited for his post-selection interview with Shane Battier.
It turned out, Kasarev did a great job disguising his accent, but he made virtually no sense. There was also mention on the broadcast of him apparently needing to catch an 11:30 p.m. flight back to Moscow, even though he was selected somewhere around 9:45 p.m. I’m not sure if that was made up, but that plus his spectacular interview already makes him a SportsGrid favorite.
If you can translate this, you are a better person than I.
Please do not be discouraged, Sergey. We would all sound equally ridiculous in our KHL post-signing interviews. Keep talking, and we’ll keep listening. You are our hero. You will be bigger than Andrei Kirilenko, if you eat your pelmeni.
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!