- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Can Anyone Figure Out Anything That Russian Draft Pick Sergey Kasarev Said To Shane Battier Last Night?
The Cleveland Cavaliers picked a 19-year-old Russian, Sergey Kasarev, with the 19th overall pick in last night’s NBA Draft. Russian accents are the best, so I was especially excited for his post-selection interview with Shane Battier.
It turned out, Kasarev did a great job disguising his accent, but he made virtually no sense. There was also mention on the broadcast of him apparently needing to catch an 11:30 p.m. flight back to Moscow, even though he was selected somewhere around 9:45 p.m. I’m not sure if that was made up, but that plus his spectacular interview already makes him a SportsGrid favorite.
If you can translate this, you are a better person than I.
Please do not be discouraged, Sergey. We would all sound equally ridiculous in our KHL post-signing interviews. Keep talking, and we’ll keep listening. You are our hero. You will be bigger than Andrei Kirilenko, if you eat your pelmeni.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- The 10 Biggest NBA Draft Busts Ever
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs