- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
“Shelden Williams Getting Hit In The Face With His Own Dunk” Is An Early Contender For Sports Photo Of 2012
We sure think so, anyway. This dunk represented Williams’ only two points of last night’s 108-94 Nets loss to the Pacers, but thanks to AP photographer Julio Cortez, two very memorable points they were. The sweat flying, the squishy face, the way Cortez captured the precise moment of impact, the fact that it can serve as a metaphor both for the Nets’ loss and Williams’ overall game (1-9 shooting)…we know it’s early in 2012, but photographers, consider yourselves challenged. You’ve got a tall task in front of you to beat this one. [h/t to our own CJ Fogler, photo via]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story