- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
“Shelden Williams Getting Hit In The Face With His Own Dunk” Is An Early Contender For Sports Photo Of 2012
We sure think so, anyway. This dunk represented Williams’ only two points of last night’s 108-94 Nets loss to the Pacers, but thanks to AP photographer Julio Cortez, two very memorable points they were. The sweat flying, the squishy face, the way Cortez captured the precise moment of impact, the fact that it can serve as a metaphor both for the Nets’ loss and Williams’ overall game (1-9 shooting)…we know it’s early in 2012, but photographers, consider yourselves challenged. You’ve got a tall task in front of you to beat this one. [h/t to our own CJ Fogler, photo via]
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement