- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
So This Is Sad: Dwyane Wade’s Ex-Wife On Streets Of Chicago With Certain Grievances
If you’re in Chicago, near the Richard J. Daley Center at 50 W Washington, you could stop by and see Siohvaughn Funches — Dwyane Wade’s ex-wife — on the street with a sign berating her ex. Or as Black Sports Online calls it, “Having a nervous breakdown.”
Dwyane Wade's ex wife demonstrating in Chicago, claims star isn't giving her money. pic.twitter.com/fdDfPYrWa5
— newsburrow (@newsburrow) July 19, 2013
Obviously she feels underappreciated, even though a court awarded her a $1 million settlement to close out their divorce, which has been bouncing around the courts for the past three years. Wade got custody of the couple’s two children (I can’t imagine why, after seeing this), and also has been paying $25,000 per month alimony.
The ex-Mrs. Wade had sued Dwyane Wade for $1 million, but later dropped the suit, according to the Chicago Tribune. That seems to be at the crux of this latest protest. Occupy The Daley Center? That seems to be the way to protest these days.
Siohvaughn Wade said she would “live on the streets” as she protested what she called the “injustice” of a failed lawsuit she filed in an effort to get money from her ex-husband’s endorsement deals.
Court papers filed last week indicate the lawsuit was voluntarily dropped.
“I don’t want anything, no money, all I want is my freedom and my voice,” she said.
Sadly, having just been awarded $1 million in a divorce, along with $25,000 a month for living expenses, does not equal “living on the streets.” It’s actually kind of insulting, I would imagine, to those who actually do.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap